Monday, January 09, 2006

Photos from Monday...

Ok, It's Tuesday morning here, I just got up, I'm drinking my morning coffee and decided to play around with the digital camera a little more and finally was able to get yesterday's photos onto the laptop. I think we have a problem with the cable connector from the camera to the laptop. If I jiggle the cable it starts working. Hopefully we'll be able to keep this stuff working until we get home.

Anyway, only a couple pictures of Megan today, sorry about that. I took a couple while I was outside taking garbage out. We've been talking about the heat being controlled by the City. Well, here are a couple of pics of the water pipes that run around, mostly above ground, to all the buildings for heat. We were out the other day after lunch walking to the store and came upon a repair crew. I wish I had taken a couple pictures of that. Apparently there had been a break in one of the pipes, there was water all over the ground, actually ice, and there was a guy doing some welding along side of one of the apartment buildings. It was below zero and I'm assuming that apartment building had no heat, who knows for how long. I think I'd be trading the shorts in for long johns and sweats pretty quickly. By the way, we have a thermometer outside our window and the lowest it goes is -20, well, it's not even registering on the thermometer, I'm guessing it is about -25 out right now. I even closed the window.

Also, Caara to answer your question, yes, we had heard from others who had been here before us that the apartments get quite warm, so we brought shorts with us. And about the Steelers, not to burst your bubble, but the outcome may have been a little different if Carson Palmer had played more than 2 plays for Cincy. I'm not rooting against the Steelers, just not necessarily for them, unless they are playing the Patriots, then I'll be waving one of those yellow and black towels.

Jenelle, congratulations on the Dean's List, nice job!!!

I was going to include a pic of Amy's stupendous meatloaf. But the picture makes it look totally disgusting, it really wasn't that bad, in fact, it was the best meatloaf I've had in a month!!

Anyway, here are the pics enjoy!




She seems happier every day!!


The heating pipes, it's interesting that they run them up and over driveways and streets sometimes instead of putting them underground. I'm not a civil engineer but it seems a little crazy to me.


Some more of the heating pipes.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you asked the locals why they put their heating pipes outside?

Glad you got your camera working... i would hate to have to go through withdrawal! ;-)

Steve -- I have a "terrible towel" if you want to borrow it! ;-)

C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home