Monday, January 09, 2006

Just another day.......

Last night I decided to use the oven for the first time to cook a meatloaf. After Steve figured out how to get the oven to work it was determined that there is only one temperature setting and I don't know what it was in relation to my stove at home. Once again I was challenged to make dinner. To make a long story short, the meatloaf was very well done. Luckily we had plenty of ketchup. I guess I am back to using the stovetop from now on. Sorry the days here are not very exciting anymore. Today was shopping day for me. Oleg, Inna, Patty and I went out for lunch and then did some shopping. Steve elected to stay home with Megan. Good choice. It was absolutely freezing outside! Luckily we had Oleg driving us around, however, just going from the store to the van was too much for me. I think Steve said it was -15 F outside today. I would have preferred to sit on the couch in shorts in our hot apartment. We are having a burrito party on Thursday to welcome 2 new adopting couples to Kokshetau. I have been corresponding with both couples and look forward to meeting them. One of the women, Janet was nice enough to offer to bring me a couple of Macaroni & Cheese's to hold me over till we get home. I can't wait. She also is bringing a DVD of one of the NFL wild card games. Even though we know who won all the games it will be a nice distraction. In terms of arriving home, we still haven't heard when that will be. We hope to hear by tomorrow. We are having techincal difficulties, so there are no pictures to post today. Sorry. Hopefully my AV man here can figure out what the problem is soon.

Have a good day or night or whatever. All the days blend into one now!

2 Comments:

At Monday, January 09, 2006 12:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys
Sorry havent wriiten in a while been so busy with everything. Got some good news I got a 3.5 this semester thats Deans list can you believe it! Well I cant believe how cold it is there, WOW. Well nothing to exciting oh Sunday we celebrated Masons birthday at Candys and oh my god do you know what Mason called Grandma Pat he told her she was an OLD LADY! It was so funny. Sorry I really dont have anything to say other than miss you and give a kiss to Megan. I can't wait to meet her, I just know we will bond, she'll love me!!! Well take care

Love Jenelle

 
At Monday, January 09, 2006 1:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, Steve and Megan - SO happy for you that atleast you leave on the 15th for Almaty and, hopefully, that will mean 3 days home earlier. About the meatloaf - atleast you had ketchup!!! Besides, better to overcook the meat since it has been siting out in the market for a while. Atleast with those temperatures you don't have to worry about the meat spoiling!! Take care - Amy I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home