Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Sopranos and the Matchbook

Now that we got your attention with the title here is the story. We are late in our post today because Steve and I have become hooked on The Sopranos series. We of course don't have HBO at home and have never seen an episode until now. My brother-in-law kindly lent us the whole series so we will have plenty of time during the next couple of weeks to finish the series. We hope that Megan's first English word spoken isn't taken from this series.

Today I went outside again! I know you are very excited for me. Two days in a row. I went shopping with Patty, Inna and Oleg. Bought all the good fatty food that a good American could find; Doritos, ice cream, Twix bars, and what I thought were potato chips (they weren't), microwave popcorn and Coca-Cola Light. Now we are set for a real DVD party. Okay you may ask how does the matchbook come into play today? Well when I was buying a loaf of bread today I was supposed to get 2 Tenge back. (The equivalent of about a penny and and half in the US.) Well instead of getting the tenge back I was given a book of matches!!@@?? Inna said that this is done all the time. Well the next time I went to buy something I owed some change to the clerk. I asked Inna if I could pay with the book of matches. Inna said sure. I thought this was pretty funny.

Steve stayed home and had Megan doing all sorts of exercises (sitting, crawling etc). She is really doing well since we got here home from the hospital. She smiles all the time now which is very cute. She is definately getting comfortable with us and is always looking to see where we both are.

Steve and I had a nice time last night on our big date. We went out for Kabobs with Inna. Inna told us that the New Year parties have finally concluded. They go on for about 4 days as we have previously mentioned.

Well that is all from this very exciting life that we lead here in Kazakhstan. Oh I forgot to say that 3 weeks from today we will be back in the good old U.S.A. (Not that I am counting or anything) Until tomorrow......







2 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 Weeks - and counting. Can't wait.

Love Dad

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy -

Are you just super selective in your photos, or does she ALWAYS smile?? She's probably just very happy to be with you!

Again, we look forward to meeting her.

Julie Schechter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home